Implementation of a Resource Planning Solution to manage work assignments to field service engineering resources
One of the world's leading Door Automation Products manufacturer with more than 150 field engineers in the UK.
- Basic automatic resource allocation based on predefined criteria and manual reassignment where necessary.
- Integration to existing mobile devices.
- Allow resource planners access to all key information about service demands and resources.
- Simple, single screen , easy-to-use graphical screens for planners.
- Breakdown of demands and resources based on geographical zones and skillsets.
- Previous tool used for resource planning was Excel.
- Initial push from key users to consider for resource optimisation tools like MRS (Multi-Resource Scheduling) or Click Scheduler (third party tool).
- After critical requirements review with the business, a more pragmatic solution was proposed – the initial use of the CRM Resource Scheduling application to standardise resource planning processes across geographical regions with a view to scaling up to resource optimisation solutions in subsequent phases.
- Web based Resource Planning tool including Gantt Chart in CRM 7.0.
- Basic first level allocation by automatic scheduling – taking Service Areas into account.
- Automatic determination of Service Area based on post code of the customer site
- Ability to drag and drop, reassign jobs to resources.
- Basic UI enhancements gave vital additional information on jobs and statuses to planners.
- Enhancements to combine multiple maintenance jobs for ease of planning.
- Skills matrix maintenance for resources, based on qualifications.
- An full view of Service jobs, assignments, confirmations and statuses in one system.
- A wide array of search, personalisation features and filters available on the Resource Planning Board.
- Simple enhancements to bring Installed base location and Service Area into the Resource Planning Board significantly improved the Planning efficiency by providing key information in one place.
Download Case Study